ref C10/3239 Keep Bentwaters flying
This petition had 5,402 supporters
RAF Bentwaters is a historically important airfield, through WW2 and the Cold War. Today it still operates several aircraft including the iconic 2 seat Spitfire and the Cold War museum which has some aircraft of historical importance on the site.
In respect of flying the facts of the planning application C/10/3239 are:
· At Bentwaters there is a very large number of buildings only two of which are for activities related to flying.
· The 1999 Planning Inspector’s report concerned proposals for a regional airport of some 80,000 movements a year. The Inspector was NOT against all flying from Bentwaters forever.
· This application proposes amaximum of 480 flights (960 movements) per year. A take-off and landing is one flight. This averages 1.25 flights a day. There is no intention of creating an airport and the numbers confirm this.
· There is already flying in this area of the County by military and civilian pilots. It is common knowledge that since the Americans left in 1993 there has been continuous flying from Bentwaters.
· We are compelled to say that the evidence that is in the public domain is wholly contrary to the claims, including those made in respect of aerobatics, made by the campaign group.
Today: David is counting on you
David Burr needs your help with “email@example.com: ref C10/3239 Keep Bentwaters flying”. Join David and 5,401 supporters today.