Georgia PTA Membership call to action
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
We, the members of Georgia PTA, do formally request National PTA exercise its authority per the Standards of Affiliation and intervene due to the current state of affairs within the Georgia PTA Board of Directors. Due to blatant by-laws violations and alleged illegal acts, we have no confidence in the competency of the current Georgia PTA Board and its resolve to abide by the will of the general membership. We therefore request National PTA do the following:
1. Assume the role of the Georgia PTA Nominating Committee, take applications of interested parties per Georgia PTA Bylaws, and provide a full slate of qualified candidates, including the office of President, for Georgia PTA’s CLT in June 2017.
2. Assist with the Georgia PTA elections process in June 2017 to ensure an open, fair, and equitable election, including installing an experienced outside organization to monitor and run the elections by electronic ballot (e.g. The League of Women Voters or similar organization).
3. Review the Georgia PTA Bylaws and the Policies and Procedures to provide input and recommend amendments to align Georgia Bylaws to National, help identify policies that interfere/violate the bylaws and Georgia Nonprofit Code, and in general bring both the Bylaws and the Policies and Procedures up to date.
4. Complete a forensic audit for the last 7 years to verify membership monies were spent in accordance with the PTA mission, identify financial improprieties, and ensure no funds were stolen from the Georgia PTA.
5. Reinstate Lisa-Marie Haygood as Georgia PTA President as well as all other members of the Board of Directors removed without proper adherence to the Georgia PTA Bylaws for the remainder of their terms.
PTA’s foundation is advocacy and we are advocating for the survival of PTA in Georgia. Without National PTA formally addressing these issues, the survival of PTA in this state is questionable. Lack of support from National PTA in restoring Georgia PTA may result in a significant drop in membership across the state. We request that National PTA formally respond to our requests with a Plan of Action by March 31, 2017.
Today: Lori is counting on you
Lori Sweet needs your help with “Current members of Georgia PTA: Georgia PTA Membership call to action”. Join Lori and 417 supporters today.