Criminalize Parental Alienation
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
Parental Alienation is Child Abuse!
Parental alienation is a set of strategies that parents use to undermine and interfere with a child’s relationship with his or her other parent, what we want is change!
In Australia, we have seen time & time again loving parents being dragged through an archaic system that allows this kind of behaviour, we believe that accountability for this kind of abusive strategy should be made illegal, and the “powers that be” should be able to monitor this so children are not used as pawns in a game of narcissistic behaviour to punish the other parent.
There is no one definitive set of behaviors that constitute parental alienation but research with both parents and children has revealed a core set of alienation strategies, including -
- bad-mouthing the other parent,
- limiting contact with that parent,
- erasing the other parent from the life and mind of the child (forbidding discussion and pictures of the other parent)
- forcing the child to reject the other parent,
- creating the impression that the other parent is dangerous
- forcing the child to choose
- and belittling and limiting contact with the extended family of the targeted parent.
We ask the all forms of Australian government to implement policies to stop parental alienation.
If Parental Alienation is not a policy then you are not a candidate!
Today: Nick is counting on you
Nick Johnstone needs your help with “Criminalize Parental Alienation”. Join Nick and 67 supporters today.