To implement policies to improve conditions of artists and makers
This petition had 588 supporters
Creative Scotland needs to do things that will make a difference to all the artists and makers working in Scotland today.
1. Adopting transparent decision-making processes, involving artists in all decision-making that affects artists and providing clear feedback on all decisions.
2. Providing a reliable, accessible and effective infrastructure for artists and makers focused on the long term sustainability of the sector and its organisations.
3. Ensuring through Grant Offers that all organisations in receipt of CS investment use appropriate Contracts.
4. Endorsing and adopting all Union Recommended Rates of Pay for artists at the minimum level, and ensuring through grant or award offers that all organisations in receipt of Creative Scotland grants and investments, implement these rates.
5. Making the payment of exhibition fees (in addition to any other relevant commissions, fees and expenses) mandatory for all organisations in receipt of grants and investments.
6. Monitors the implementation of all of these measures through grant and investment reporting requirements.
Today: Scottish Artists Union is counting on you
Scottish Artists Union needs your help with “Creative Scotland: To implement policies to improve conditions of artists and makers”. Join Scottish Artists Union and 587 supporters today.