Recount of the 2017 CPC Leadership
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
The 2017 Conservative Party Leadership process is described by former Member of Parliament Jay Hill as a "fiasco." Source
We agree with Mr. Hill. He never received his ballot. He made three separate inquiries. The party never sent him a replacement ballot. Who else has this happened to?
Who do you trust? The party or the grassroots members?
In an election that was decided on 66 votes, shouldn't we ensure the process was fair, transparent, and that there were no votes being suppressed?
In most democratic countries 66 votes would trigger an automatic recount. Is the CPC taking plays from the Liberal playbook on this one? We are a grassroots party and if there is reasonable doubt, it warrants at minimum at recount.
If a recount and inquiry shows that Mr. Sheer won by a clear 66 votes, then that will settle the matter completely. There can be no question in regards to the results. We ask both Sheer and Bernier supporters to support a recount and an investigatory process.
- full recount of all ballots
- a process for member submission on any voting irregularities or ballot issues
- investigation of member submissions
- members can verify / check that their ballot & vote were indeed counted
- summary of spoiled ballots and validation of spoiled ballots
- both campaign teams allowed access to the results, including spoiled ballots
- a third party audit, by a firm other than Deloitte, will be appointed to verify the internal recount and conduct their own reviews
Today: CPC Recount is counting on you
CPC Recount needs your help with “CPC Recount: Recount of the 2017 CPC Leadership”. Join CPC Recount and 34 supporters today.