Stop Out-Of-Scale Development In Cheviot Hills! Join Residents For Fair Zoning For All
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
We are Cheviot Hills residents who care about our community and its future. With Los Angeles working to rebalance neighborhood growth and manage overdevelopment citywide, we support the updated Baseline Mansionization Ordinance (“BMO”) as the fairest compromise to promote both our community’s quality of life and reasonable growth.
Here is why:
1. The updated BMO is a rational, respectful zoning plan that removes incentives for developers to target homes in Cheviot Hills for demolition and over-building but still provides families with the flexibility to build out. The updated BMO supports renovation, rebuilding, and additions, while preserving the light, space and privacy between neighboring properties.
2. Cheviot Hills is valued for its location, tree-lined streets, unique architecture, parks, and schools. Our strong neighborhood and property values are built on more than just square footage.
3. Property values in Cheviot Hills have continued to rise since the emergency Baseline Mansionization Ordinance was enacted in 2015 in response to rampant out-of-scale development. Fair zoning enhances property values for everyone.
4. The updated BMO strikes a balance by allowing houses to be built up to 45% of the lot, without counting detached rear garages up to 400 square feet or front garages up to 200 square feet.
5. The updated BMO has been approved citywide as the fairest and most balanced compromise. Cheviot Hills should not receive less protection from developers than other neighborhoods.
Councilman Koretz, we thank you for your 10+ years of spearheading rational zoning to protect our neighborhoods from over-scale development, and we urge you to continue the fight by supporting the updated Baseline Mansionization Ordinance (“BMO”) as the minimum standard for Cheviot Hills.
Today: StandUp4Neighborhoods is counting on you
StandUp4Neighborhoods needs your help with “Councilman Paul Koretz: Stop Mansionization! Cheviot Hills Residents For Fair Zoning For All”. Join StandUp4Neighborhoods and 94 supporters today.