Urgent - We Need your Help
Oct 13, 2017 — Dear Supporters,
Members of the Stop Hoylake Golf Resort Action Group are meeting with Margaret Greenwood MP on Friday 21st October, to explain the reasons that she should support the community in opposing the resort.
In order to persuade Margaret that there is significant opposition to the resort, we need your help.
Please will you write a letter to Margaret Greenwood (there is a template letter below). We have been informed that it is better to receive a letter by post (rather than email as she receives too many emails).
You can amend the letter as you wish and print off and send to Margaret. If the letter arrives before next Thursday, it will be a massive help. Please just take a few minutes this weekend to do this. Every single letter really will help!
Thank you for your support!
Margaret Greenwood MP *Insert Your Name and Address Here*
35a Market Street
I am writing to you to object about the proposed Hoylake Golf Resort Development. My reasons for concern are as follows:
• The “Preferred” Developer has a dubious track record. Their previous “Nicklaus” resort development in Llanelli never delivered the promised Hilton Hotel and their Housing Construction Company went into liquidation, leaving local businesses out of pocket. The Council have not undertaken an adequate due-diligence exercise on the Developer
• Development on Green Belt Land which is totally against current Planning Policy
• Building on a Flood Plain which will increase Flood Risk in the Birket Valley.
• Environmental Damage to biodiverse farmland which is home to a wide variety of species, many of them nationally and internationally protected.
• Previous Consultants’ reports have stated that the resort is NOT VIABLE without the enabling development of 160 luxury houses.
• Only 0.2% of tourists come to the Wirral for Golf, whereas 91% come for the Coast and Countryside. Golf is a declining sport, Nature Tourism is growing! Alternatives, such as an Eco Resort and Wildlife / Wetlands Centre, have not been considered, but could bring jobs and many more tourists
• There are estimated to be only 175 mostly low paid, low skilled jobs at the resort. Much better outcomes on jobs can be achieved by investing Council Tax Payers money in other schemes.
• The Council have undertaken a weak public Consultation exercise and the Majority of the local community are against the resort – a petition against the resort has now reached over 3000 signatures
• The proposed Hoylake By-pass which will increase Traffic in the whole area and increase Carbon Emissions. Studies prove it is likely to suck money out of the local area. The Developer will not be paying for the By-pass – it will be funded by the Council
• Already Costs are Spiralling, it is estimated the Council have already spent over £2.5 million. There is no detailed financial business plan and no cost / benefit analysis has been undertaken.
I request that the MP for the local area, you take these issues up, not just with our local Authority but also with the parliamentary committees
Keep fighting for people power!
Politicians and rich CEOs shouldn't make all the decisions. Today we ask you to help keep Change.org free and independent. Our job as a public benefit company is to help petitions like this one fight back and get heard. If everyone who saw this chipped in monthly we'd secure Change.org's future today. Help us hold the powerful to account. Can you spare a minute to become a member today?I'll power Change with $5 monthly