Artist Spaces Matter! Ask Inner West Council to keep Arts & Culture in the community.
This petition had 3 supporters
Please help us keep Thirning Villa an Artist Residency and ask Inner West Council to continue their support of Arts and Culture in our community.
Since January 2019, New Moon Collective (Amy Mills, Eleni Christou, Kim Siew and Rosell Flatley) have been artists in residence in Thirning Villa alongside The Refugee Art Project. Over the last 12 months we have connected with and grown community among local residents, community organisations and artists with public and community arts focused events, exhibitions, workshops, community dinners, open cafes, and more, that are either free or have a minimal fee.
In addition to our public programs, Thirning Villa is above all an artist residency. The residency allows us space to create, develop, connect, produce and imagine – the unseen processes of our practice are vital to every public outcome we deliver.
While we are extremely grateful to Inner West Council for giving us a home at Thirning Villa, we ask you to please help us keep Thirning Villa an Artist Residency and ask Inner West Council to continue their support of Arts and Culture in our community.
As arts and community workers we already face unstable employment, income and access to spaces – the Sydney arts community cannot afford to keep losing dedicated creative spaces. Not only will Ashfield lose its only council owned Artist Residency, Thirning Villa is one of the few galleries and arts hubs in the area.
Here's what you can do to keep Thirning Villa alive and allow a thriving arts community to exist in the Ashfield area:
- Sign this petition
- Get on social media and post about your support with #savethirningvilla and #ashfieldvotesarts
- Write an email or letter of support for Thirning Villa to Council as soon as you possibly can
- Write to Mayor, Councillor Darcy Byrne -firstname.lastname@example.org or directly on his facebook page
- Write to Councillor Mark Drury of Ashfield Ward - email@example.com or directly on his facebook page
- Write to Councillor Tom Kiat of Ashfield Ward - firstname.lastname@example.org or directly to his facebook page
- or follow this link to write to all of the Inner West Councillors! - https://www.innerwest.nsw.gov.au/about/the-council/mayor-and-councillors
Please stand up and take action as soon as you can!
Today: Sundari is counting on you
Sundari Austin needs your help with “Councillor Mark Drury: Artist Spaces Matter! Ask Inner West Council to keep Arts & Culture in the community.”. Join Sundari and 2 supporters today.