Clean up Wheeler Lake
IT'S UP TO US! LET'S TAKE BACK OUR RIVER!
Your signature will ensure families have access to clean drinking water and a river safe for recreation for decades to come. To do this we demand the following:
1. EPA require TVA give Wheeler Lake a constant river flow of at least 60 %
2. All 27 industries on Wheeler Lake, that have been permitted by ADEM (Alabama Department of Environmental Management), to dump heavy toxins into our river be permitted to release them only on maximum river flow.
3. Decatur City Landfill be declared a toxic waste site, and immediately shut down. Additionally, all links to the Decatur sewage should be disconnected to prevent any landfill emissions from reaching the river.
4. The Full House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform currently tasked to review the water crisis in Flint, MI to investigate all federal, state, county, and city elected officials and offices. These individuals were tasked with protecting the health of the citizens utilizing the Tennessee river as a source for their drinking water and recreation, and they have betrayed the citizens they were entrusted to protect.
5. All industries permitted to release toxins in the water be thoroughly investigated to determine if the actual toxin release was conducted on permitted river flow requirements.
6. The Tennessee River, the first federally named waterway, is regulated by federal law and the Clean Water Act. We request all provisions of this Act be enforced on Wheeler Lake immediately.
7.Please investigate how this was allowed to happen, and who allowed this to happen. These individuals should be prosecuted in federal court to the fullest extent of the law.
This petition will be hand delivered to Chairman Chaffetz, of the Full House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform for Examining Federal Administration of the Safe Drinking Water Act.
Today: Ronald is counting on you
Ronald Mixon needs your help with “Congressional Oversight Committee : Clean up Wheeler Lake”. Join Ronald and 121 supporters today.