The time to EXPEL Sen. Josh Hawley - MO from the United States Senate is NOW!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 150,000!
The time to EXPEL Missouri Sen. Josh Hawley from the Senate has come.
1) Missouri Republican Sen. Josh Hawley should be immediately EXPELLED from the U.S. Senate. He has violated his oath, stoked a violent mob of domestic terrorists and attempted to tear down our democracy. Hawley was soliciting campaign funds while our nation's Capitol was under attack and people were dying. He is a despicable, self-serving, deplorable, insurrectionist.
2) As reported in the KC Star, Missouri Republican Sen. Josh Hawley became the first senator to say he’ll object to the certification of President-elect Joe Biden’s Electoral College victory when Congress meets on Jan. 6 to accept the results of the presidential election.
Hawley cited unsubstantiated claims of voter fraud and accused the state of Pennsylvania of failing to adhere to its election laws by extending the deadline for mail-in ballots, an argument that has repeatedly been rejected by federal courts. He held up the Electoral College Vote Certification process twice with his unfounded conspiracy theories, offering zero evidence to support his claims.
3) Josh Hawley lied when he tweeted that a "candle-light vigil for democracy" at his home in Virginia as "Antifa scumbags came to our place in DC and threatened my wife and newborn daughter, who can’t travel. They screamed threats, vandalized, and tried to pound open our door." Video evidence shows that nothing of the sort happened. The dozen or so protestors chanted, sang and prayed outside his home, but exhibited no violence, threats or vandalism of any sort.
4) Sen. Josh Hawley doesn't even live in Missouri. A review of property records shows that the first-term Republican is no longer a Missouri homeowner and that he is registered to vote at his sister’s home in Ozark, MO, while he is in-between homes in the state. He has alternately told the press he is living with his parents in Springfield, MO.
Hawley owns a $1.3 million house in the Northern Virginia suburbs of Washington, D.C., where he spends most of his time with his wife, Erin Hawley, and their three children.
5) Two separate MO audits found that in Hawley's short tenure as Missouri’s attorney general there were many paperwork and management problems that may have cost taxpayers unnecessary amounts of money.
Taxpayer-paid staff working in former Attorney General Josh Hawley’s office met with his political consultants, perhaps more than a dozen times, in the months before he launched his U.S. Senate campaign in 2017.
Several instances of travel related abuses noted that Hawley used a state vehicle and a driver for some trips without documenting the purpose of the trip. One cited example was that a driver told the auditor that on Dec. 16, 2017, he drove Sen. Hawley and his wife, Erin, to Kansas City for a Chiefs football game.
6) Former U.S. Sen. John C. Danforth on Thursday, following the domestic terrorist attacks on the U.S. Capitol building, said to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch: "Supporting Josh and trying so hard to get him elected to the Senate was the worst mistake I ever made in my life. Yesterday was the physical culmination of the long attempt (by Hawley and others) to foment a lack of public confidence in our democratic system. It is very dangerous to America to continue pushing this idea that government doesn’t work and that voting was fraudulent."
Josh Hawley is seditious and self-serving. Hawley has blood on his hands for fomenting rioting at the U.S. Capitol. He is dishonest and is not upholding the oaths and ethics of his elected offices. Sen. Hawley tried to subvert and undermine the Will of the People by overturning the results of the 2020 Presidential Election. Time to EXPEL Josh Hawley. NOW!
Complete your signature
0 have signed. Let’s get to 150,000!