Ask Congress to establish job qualifications for presidential candidates
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
This petition is to ask the United States Congress to establish and codify standards and qualifications for becoming President of the United States.
It appears there are no standards or qualifications required of anyone who may become President of the United States, other than citizenship, age and residency.
The job of being the President is arguably the most difficult job of all. There should be some basic minimum qualifications for anyone who wants to apply for this job in the future. Applicants for this job (i.e. potential candidates for president) should be required to demonstrate that they possess the necessary qualifications by means of taking written and oral tests and having a physical and mental health exam done by professionals chosen by congress. The results of all these tests and exams should be made public at the time the individual becomes a candidate.
Before becoming a candidate for President, each person shall:
1. Have demonstrated knowledge of how government works, and what the duties and limits are for each of the three branches of the government.
2. Have demonstrated basic knowledge of the history of the United States, the history of the world, and current events.
3. Have demonstrated knowledge of the State Department and principles of diplomacy and a basic knowledge of the other major departments of the federal government.
4. Have demonstrated basic knowledge of the various branches of the military.
5. Have demonstrated strong ability to communicate in writing and orally. Applicant should be able to write a short coherent essay and give a short coherent speech.
6. Should have demonstrated critical thinking skills and ability to analyze a problem and come up with multiple possible solutions to the problem.
7. Should have demonstrated understanding of the scientific method, and the definition of a scientific theory.
8. Have demonstrated the ability to handle stress, keep a secret, and determine fact from fiction, tell the truth, and accept responsibility for mistakes; have demonstrated the ability to feel empathy and compassion; be free from paranoia, delusions and dementia, as determined by a standardized government - administered mental health exam.
9. Have the physical ability to perform the duties of the President as determined by a standardized government - administered health exam.
10. Release at least the last 5 years of personal tax returns, and any business and trust tax returns associated with the potential candidate.
Today: Susan is counting on you
Susan Robinson needs your help with “Congress of the United States: Congress: Establish job qualifications for presidential candidates”. Join Susan and 303 supporters today.