Remove Coach Tron Scott (NP Schools Basketball Coach)
This petition made change with 51 supporters!
Parents and players are seeking to remove Coach Tron Scott from his position as head coach of the North Polk Varsity Basketball team.
We are genuinely concerned about the impact Trons coaching style has on the boys as well as the future of the program under his leadership. There have been many voices over the years expressing the same concerns but those have been ignored.
We are encouraging parents, students and community members in the North Polk School District to sign in support of hiring a new head basketball coach to begin the 2015-16 school year.
Reasons for removing Tron Scott:
- - Trons treatment of his players is based solely on fear and intimidation.
- - Tron has targeted players using bully-like behavior including mind games, yelling, intimidation and threats, passive-aggressive behavior, singled out players and made “examples of” them during practices, made players sit on the sidelines as punishment like toddlers and called players names during practice and games.
- - More than one player has suffered mental issues/depression due to the Tron’s tactics. Tron has abused his power and young self-esteem is being damaged as a result.
- - Tron violates the Coach Code of Ethics guidelines that the NP school board and administrators have set for all coaching staff.
- - Players have quit the program due to his tactics and even more potential players will not go out for basketball because of his reputation.
- - There was an incident during the 2014-15 season where, after becoming mad because a game was cancelled, he drove recklessly in a school vehicle with student players in the car. Multiple students reported this to their parents but an asst. coach later downplayed the incident. In any other position with the school district, this would be grounds for termination.
- - He was removed from coaching during his early days with North Polk for this same behavior, yet was allowed to continue coaching, and was later promoted to head coach.
- - Tron has remained as a coach despite consistent complaints by parents and players through the years – none of which were documented by the school district.
- - A previous parent petition for all these same reasons was dismissed by a previous administrator who was friends with Tron – and likely the reason no previous complaints were documented.
- - Trons behavior has had the effect of a classic abuse situation – players are afraid to tell for fear of additional punishment or worse treatment- and parents who do find out hesitate to speak up because previous complaints have gone nowhere and they do not want to make the situation worse for their son and/or their siblings.
Today: Traci is counting on you
Traci McBee needs your help with “Concerned Parents, Players, Students and Community members: Remove Coach Tron Scott (NP Schools Basketball Coach)”. Join Traci and 50 supporters today.