Removal of NGDHS students from South Branch Elementary School
This petition had 49 supporters
Concerned Parents for Positive Change expect the NGDHS students currently using classrooms at South Branch be returned the high school and returned to the elementary students in attendance there for the following reasons:
- South Branch Elementary School is not set up to accomodate grade 9-12 students. There is not a separate wing or an appropriate division from the younger students. Grade 7/8 students are kept somewhat separate from grade 9-12 but it's ok to put them into a K-Gr6 elementary school?
- There is no access to water fountains or washrooms for the NGDHS students forcing them to go back and forth to NGDHS when they need to use them creating yard traffic. NGDHS students were given lockers at South Branch creating more high school traffic through the play yard, further inconveniencing NGDHS students limiting eating time, causing late arrivals to classes, etc.
- South Branch students are not allowed to access part of their yard at recess or bounce balls on the walls as it disturbs the high school students. There is already an existing issue with the school yard and these restrictions cause further issue.
- South Branch students are exposed to inappropriate language, unacceptable behaviour and public displays of affection on a regular basis.
- There was no parent consultation in making this change, all details were kept from parents until after the first day of school. The promise to put in a divider wall/doors was not met due to poor planning.
Today: Stephanie is counting on you
Stephanie Hutchison-Davies needs your help with “Concerned Parents for Positive Change: Removal of NGDHS students from South Branch Elementary School”. Join Stephanie and 48 supporters today.