Hopkinton School Budget Concerns
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
Petition to create an honest school budget that also supports the diverse families that live in our town. We support having a great school system while requesting a school district operating budget that is fair and reasonable. That is why we are petitioning to have a flat operating budget for the school district over last year.
"We, the undersigned citizens hereby petition and request that the Hopkinton Budget Committee establish and present the Hopkinton School Expense Budget to be as follows:
2) This figure includes the entire operating budget for FY19 in addition to:
- The removal of the previous final bond payment of $553,500.00
- Any and all costs associated with the new Teamsters Contract
- Any and all additional warrants and transfers
- Any and all costs associated with the purchase of the property at 195 Park Avenue for use as office for SAU Administration until it is included in a Budget Committee approved renovation and facility plan
3) While the increasing property taxes represent a clear burden on taxpayers, there is also evidence from tax delinquency reports that residents are falling behind on their taxes and that tax receipts are slowing down.
Therefore we, the Concerned Citizens of Hopkinton, respectfully urge that the Budget Committee implement our requested action.”
Today: Concerned Citizens of Hopkinton is counting on you
Concerned Citizens of Hopkinton needs your help with “Concerned Citizens of Hopkinton: Concerned Tax Payers of Hopkinton”. Join Concerned Citizens of Hopkinton and 159 supporters today.