- Shri Sushilkumar ShindeHonorable Home Minister
- National Human Rights CommissionNational Human Rights Commission
- Press Council of IndiaPress Council of India
- Shri Akhilesh YadavHonorable Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh
Concerned about the custodial death of Khalid Mujahid
- Honorable Home Minister
Shri Sushilkumar Shinde
- National Human Rights Commission
National Human Rights Commission
- Press Council of India
Press Council of India
- Honorable Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh
Shri Akhilesh Yadav
I am concerned about the custodial death of Khalid Mujahid. I request you to
* Suspend and arrest all policemen who were escorting him from court and also those named in the FIR by Khalid Mujahid family
* Prosecute lawyers for assaulting Khalid Mujahid defense counsel.
* Table the full report of the Nimesh Commission. Implement its recommendations.
* Order a thorough investigation by CBI/ NIA on the entire case from events that led to Khalid arrest up until his death in police custody.
* Ensure safety of Tariq Qasmi and other prisoners.
* Set up fast track courts to handle the illegal detainees on false charges.
* Immediately release all innocent detainees arrested on false terror charges.
* Provide adequate compensation to Khalid Mujahid family. A compensation of Rs. 6 lakhs is an insult to the family for his sufferings for a crime that he had not committed.
* Release Khalid Mujahid postmortem report to the public.
Indian American Muslim Council started this petition with a single signature, and now has 1,387 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.