A better justice system

A better justice system

0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
At 100 signatures, this petition is more likely to be featured in recommendations!
Ally Ricci started this petition to Completely abolishing probation and

People who are given the option of probation over a jail sentence think "wow this is so nice I just have to comply with my probation and I can get out of jail and back to living my life." Why this may be true for about 15% of offenders, the other 85% are now faced with a life full of constant fear. Probation has no leniency for mental health issues or sustance abuse. The demands faced everyday while on probation can bring people to such a low point in their life that they believe they will never get out of the court system and it will just keep getting worse and worse. Most offenders will get violated for petty crimes or failed drug tests. Once an offender has violated they are in what seems a never ending loophole of the justice system ruining their life. This is my solution to this crippling problem. Completely getting rid of probation. If someone offends then they go to jail serve their sentence and once they're out they have no constant court supervision. This can be very beneficial because eventually jails will get full and officials will decide who is ready to go back into society and keep whoever still poses a danger. That means if this person commits another crime, they have to get caught fair and square by the police and they do their sentence again and once its over its over, the court doesn't have their claws dug into you trying to catch you doing something wrong. Probation was made so you could get out of jail early and go back to your everyday life with freedom but probation is everything but free. And if you have a substance abuse problem or mentall illness, thats means living a life terrified and afraid and these people that have total control over your life you begine to feel completely dehumanized and like the only people who can help you who are the ones that are ruining your life. Now the simple solution to this would to just be a law abiding citizen right? Well 15% are. The other 85% will be stuck in an awful cycle that does not bring the person out better than they were before.

0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
At 100 signatures, this petition is more likely to be featured in recommendations!