Confirmed victory

Commonwealth of Virginia: Release indictments handed up by a grand jury for the murder of Emma Marie Baldwin ~ ANNIE's LAW

This petition made change with 2,594 supporters!

My name is Benjamin Baldwin.  I am Emma's father.

My 2 year old beautiful daughter Emma Marie Baldwin was murdered in Wise County, VA. Justice needs to be done and it has been long enough!!!  ANNIE's LAW!!!  Please stand with us and help me FIGHT!


She was a precious child. A beautiful ray of sunshine that lightened everyone's lives.  And she was loved. She always will be. It will take a lifetime...

Please read Emma's story through her Father's Testimony


Please also read the prelude to this horrible tragedy.


Please look and listen to her voice.  Listen to her interaction with her father.  Know that she was loved more than anything and wanted to be with her Daddy at all times because she was safe with me...


Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.
 Emma Marie Baldwin will FOREVER be in our hearts.
 Her memories will burn eternal and shall never be forgotten!
 She was Daddy's angel and she always will be...


Please join our coalition to ensure Justice For Emma!


Please follow the Facebook Event at Justice for Emma Marie Baldwin in Wise, Virginia!

Please follow the Facebook Page for Remembering Emma Marie Baldwin

Please follow the Facebook Page for Justice For Emma

Benjamin Baldwin

Please contact the Virginia State police regarding any information that you can provide.

Daddy Loves You Emma!!!

I Love You to the Stars!!!  xoxo  ~ Always & Forever ~



~ Emma's Story ~ Through her father's testimony ~ 11/03/12

Emma was severely physically injured on Friday, October 19th, 2012


On 10/19 around 4pm, an ambulance had come to the home on Pole Bridge Road in Wise, VA. I am still unaware who made the call to the paramedics.

I was informed that Emma was not breathing when they arrived and they had to "work on her" to support her breathing.

She was then taken to Norton Community Hospital into the ER.

Brandie did not tell them that I was her father. Emma's right arm was broken. They did a cat scan on her head and it revealed a slight bleeding on her brain and her brain was still in a somewhat regular brain shape.

At that point, under the circumstances, the choice was made to fly her to UT Medical Hospital in Knoxville, Tennessee.

Brandie let with Juwan and the other kids back to a friends house. Sometime during this point they were coached into a fabricated story to tell the investigators.

Social Services arrived at some point and took Emergency Custody of all 3 children because Brandie did not declare that I had joint legal custody. Then at some point, Brandie and Juwan made statements to investigators.

I received a call 5 hours later from a special agent of the Virginia State Police. He told me that Emma was very sick and that they were "working on her" Her arm was broken, she had significant bruising, and they were breathing for her.

I packed my stuff and hauled as fast as I could to Knoxville, TN.

When I arrived at UT Medical, they kept telling me that they did not have a patient there by that name. I freaked out and said that you have got be kidding me. I though they may have took her to Holsten Valley instead. I called the Special Agent and I called the Wise County Sheriff's office and after an hour, I received my clearance to see Emma.

Emma was on a ventilator. They had performed another cat scan on her head when she arrived at UT Medical. Her brain had swollen to the capacity of her skull. She had severe bleeding in the brain. She had major bruising all over her body and her little right arm had been broken. She had an issue with her kidneys putting out too much water, so they had to give her hormones. They also had to give her blood pressure medicine for her heart.

Now I had left to go to the hotel briefly to get a room around 4am, I think. When I came back 30 minutes later, Brandie was there and I waited in the PICU lounge.

After she left 30 minutes later, I went back with Emma. I continued to hold her hand and talk to her and tell her everything was going to be okay.

Shortly I met with the forensic doctor who would be doing Emma's examination, I think around 6-7am. I had an interview with her and when we were done, I went with her to Emma's bedside for the examination. She perfomed the examination as I watched. Let me tell you when I say it was the most horrific thing I have had to do in my entire life and I never wish that upon anybody.

Emma's eyes had completely hemoraged with blood. The only way that it can happen is either if there is a family-related bleeding problem or from physical trauma. They concluded that Emma DID NOT have a hereditary bleeding problem.

At this point, I am beside myself. What had they sdone to my baby girl? I was angry, upset, sad, and everything in between.

So then, the forensic doctor had to call Brandie several times to tell her to come back in around 8AM on saturday morning. Brandie finally showed up an hour later and they sat me in another room in the PICU while she did her interview with the forensic doctor. After the interview, Brandie made a choice.

Brandie chose, instead of going to Emma's bedside, she walked right out of the PICU without even seeing her. She tried to get back to her car to leave.

She had brought Juwan to the hospital with her. He tried to get a visitor pass to go see Emma. After security told him they would make his badge in the office, they held him until the police arrived.

Brandie and Juwan were both taken into custody for FUGITIVE FROM JUSTICE WARRANTS for his violation of probation and her violation of protection order due to after what happened to Emma, they executed a search warrant on the home and found drugs and/or paraphernalia.

I didn't even know this until Sunday.

So I stayed up with Emma all day saturday by her side, holding her hand, laying with her, talking to her, telling her it was going to be okay.

I had to leave around 11pm because I had to sleep. Emma was going to have her first EEG brain scan the next morning on Sunday.

After waking up Sunday morning, I go back to UT Medical Center to be with Emma. They are finishing up with her first EEG Brain Scan.

I don't know how to tell you this but Emma had absolutely zero brain activity. I wanted to puke. I couldn't believe this was happening. The neurologist told me that basically Emma was deceased already.

So for instances where people can only die by two ways, either your heart stops or your brain stops. Well Emma's brain had stopped. But they have to run 2 independent SAME tests with different neurologists, and if both tests are conclusive, then the patient is officially pronounced deceased.

Needless to say, I was beside myself all day long talking with the doctors and wondering what should I do and I stayed with Emma by her side.

I tried to lay down that night by her side in a recliner but that didn't happen. SO I sat in a chair throughout the entire night talking with the nurses and doctors, while being there for Emma. I continued to hold her hands and kiss her head. Telling her it was going to be okay.

I didn't sleep all Sunday night. Monday morning finaly came. The 2nd neurologist came in to perfom the 2nd EEG Brain scan. I left while they did it. When I came back to the PICU, they showed me parts beside the digital EEG that they do. They performed a LIVE demonstration on how Emma's natural instictive reflexes from her spinal cord were not even working properly when they would pick up her limbs and then let them go. Which usually in a situation of brain damage, there is still some natural instinctive reflexes which Emma did not have.

Emma was pronounced dead at 1:05 PM on Monday, October 22nd, 2012 in the UT Medical Hospital PICU.

I stayed with her as her precious little heart kept beating as she was being supplied with oxygen from a machine.

They made the decision to get Brandie in from Knoxville County Jail to see Emma before the withdrawl of care would take place.

Well Brandie came in and visited around 6 for 30 minutes to 60 minutes. After that, her mother and step-father were allowed to see Emma for 15 minutes. After all that, it was just Emma and me.
After being there with her for so long, they picked Emma up off the bed and laid her into my arms. I held her for as long as she needed me to. I sung to her, I told her how much I loved her, and if she felt anything at all, in her little brain, she knew she was with her Daddy. She knew she was safe and she most certainly knew that she was loved.

Now I pray that you never have to go through anything like this in your life, EVER!!!

But I held my baby girl in my arms because I was proud to be her father and she was proud that I was her Daddy.

Shortly after, they stopped the machines. I held my baby Emma Marie Baldwin tight as can be and I didn't let go. Emma's heart had stopped. I continued to hold her in my arms. I didn't want to let her go.

I stood up and placed her on the bed and then they put her blanket on her. I composed myself and after a short while, I had to leave.

They gave me a lock of her hair. I keep it in my pocket.

Emma is my guardian angel. I would do anything for this little girl because she was half of a family that supposed to be later in life. Now our family was cut in half.

The next day on Tuesday, Emma was transported to Roanoke, Virginia so they could perform the autopsy. After the autopsy was conclusive with what the results were at the hospital, Emma's body was released to the funeral home that I had chosen for her final services.

Emma was picked up and taken to Northern Kentucky to be with my family.

Emma's services were Tuesday, October 30th, 2012.
They were beautiful. It is what she deserved.
Now she is laid to rest with a large number of my family members at a cemetary in Taylor Mill, Kentucky. A long line of fine humans who loved eachother and some were veterans.

Now, the events that took place before Emma's tragic fate...
That is a whole other story onto itself.

But let me tell you something and make it real clear to you.
Emma received very serious physical traumas.
She passed away as a result of that. THAT IS A FACT.

Take a good long look at my baby girl.
Only then will you know my pain for my daughter.





Today: Justice For Emma 2 is counting on you

Justice For Emma 2 needs your help with “Commonwealth of Virginia: Release indictments handed up by a grand jury for the murder of Emma Marie Baldwin ~ ANNIE's LAW”. Join Justice For Emma 2 and 2,593 supporters today.