Masks Save Lives - Public Space Mask Policy in Columbia, MO. #CoMOWearsMasks
This petition made change with 2,921 supporters!
In light of the continuing threat of COVID-19, we the citizens of Columbia support our local leaders in requiring the use of face coverings/masks in all public indoor spaces as well as outdoor public spaces where it is not possible to maintain six feet of physical distance. This will require employees and the public to wear cloth face coverings/face masks to decrease the growing rate of COVID-19 infections.
By signing this petition you are showing support for a face covering/mask requirement.
Why is this important?
- To successfully open up our local economy, people need to feel safe in public.
- Public face covering/mask wearing is most effective at reducing the spread of the virus when a majority of people wear masks.
- People are most infectious in the initial period of infection, when it is common to have few or no symptoms.
- Cloth masks obstruct a high portion of the droplets from the mouth and nose that spread the virus.
- Municipal regulations appear to be highly effective at increasing mask usage and slowing or stopping the spread of the virus.
- Requiring face masks extends protection to essential health care workers, first responders, vulnerable populations, and the general public from infection with COVID-19.
- Enforcement should be community driven through the health department
- The mask requirement will provide consistency across our educational institutions and community.
- A mask requirement will minimize the likelihood of another stay at home order.
Through this community-wide policy, we have an opportunity as the citizens of Boone County to work together and care for our health.
Today: CoMO Wears is counting on you
CoMO Wears Masks needs your help with “Columbia/Boone County Department of Public Health & Human Services and Columbia City Council: Masks Save Lives - Public Space Mask Policy in Columbia, MO. #CoMOWearMasks”. Join CoMO Wears and 2,920 supporters today.