Keep It Legal Colorado
This petition had 109 supporters
Several municipalities in Colorado are attacking patient grow rights, and Colorado Springs is leading the way. Please help patients preserve the right to grow their own medical marijuana plants as their doctors recommend. Stop the recriminalization of cannabis through land use ordinances! Keep it legal Colorado, and let patients heal!
- Lowering the allowable grow limits from 36 to 12 plants, will reduce safe access to life saving medicine. Therapeutic dosing is between 10-25mg/kg in most serious illnesses including: cancer, leukemia, autoimmune diseases, benign tumor treatments, and seizure disorders.
- Patients are sick and cannot afford to purchase the difference from a dispensary. The City will be directly responsible for taking medicine out of the hands of patients.
- Growing is equal to health insurance. While health insurance makes pharmaceuticals affordable, growing or finding a caregiver is the only cost reducer a patient has. The City is denying patients the Constitutional right (A20) to affordable cannabinoid therapy.
- Denying access to a prescription is interfering with the patient/doctor relationship.
- Limiting space in a home one owns or has permission to use, and is up to code, constitutes an invasion of privacy.
- Sending patients to jail because they need more than 12 plants and are too sick to afford dispensaries is morally bankrupt and violates every major religion's belief system. It is inhumane.
Today: Cannabis Patient Rights Coalition is counting on you
Cannabis Patient Rights Coalition needs your help with “Colorado State House: Keep It Legal Colorado”. Join Cannabis Patient Rights Coalition and 108 supporters today.