Keep Homeopathy in Canadian Pharmacies!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 7,500!
Despite clear consumer and patient demand for access to homeopathic remedies, Canadian pharmacists are under increasing pressure to remove them from their store shelves. Small, well-organized skeptic groups are pressuring Canadian pharmacy colleges, most specifically The Ontario College of Pharmacists and The College of Pharmacists of British Columbia, to discourage the sale of homeopathic products in pharmacies. Quebec pharmacists have also been encouraged to discontinue selling homeopathic products; many now display disclaimers on the shelves next to the products.
As a public education organization that believes in the value of homeopathy to enhance individual health and solve Canadian – and global - health challenges, HANS defends consumers’ and patients’ right to purchase Health Canada approved products wherever they’re most accessible. In the same spirit of health freedom, we support each pharmacy’s right to recommend and sell them.
- Natural Health Products (NHPs) that have been approved and issued an NPN or DIN-HM by Health Canada must be made available to the Canadian public without institutional obstruction or interference from pharmacy colleges.
- 84 per cent of Canadians state that people should be free to purchase whatever medicine they want, provided it has been proven to be safe.
- Homeopathic medicines are remarkably safe and work well as complements to conventional medicines without interaction or contraindication.
- Homeopathy can be safely used by pregnant women, children, infants, and the elderly.
- Homeopathy’s efficacy is often questioned by individuals and organizations who want to suppress it. The truth is: there is plenty of research that supports homeopathy! You can find a solid summary of ailment-specific evidence on the HANS website and plenty of research-based evidence at the Homeopathy Research Institute.
- Canadian demand for homeopathic medicine is high and climbing. In the past year, approximately 4.9 million Canadians used homeopathic products with a 77 per cent satisfaction rate.
- Suppression or obstruction of access to homeopathic medicines is not respectful of the diversity of health traditions of a multi-cultural Canada.
Help us send a clear message to The Ontario College of Pharmacists and The College of Pharmacists of British Columbia that Canadians want sustained access to homeopathy; and, that Canadian pharmacists are legally entitled to sell any Health Canada-approved products their customers demand.
Behaviours and Attitudes Towards Homeopathic Medicine: A Survey of Canadians, April 4, 2019, Hill + Knowlton Strategies
Today: Health Action is counting on you
Health Action Network Society needs your help with “College of Pharmacists of British Columbia: Keep Homeopathy in Canadian Pharmacies!”. Join Health Action and 5,941 supporters today.