Save Pioneer Park
This petition had 476 supporters
To Coffs Harbour City Council,
We the undersigned would like to register our views with Council regarding the permanent road through Pioneer Park. We believe that the very limited design shown is not nearly enough to support or justify this proposal, and that there are serious omissions of technical information.
We believe that
1. Pedestrian access to the CBD will be affected negatively by this design;
2. That the proposed design results in unacceptable and unnecessary vegetation loss
3. That a raised roadway will have possible flooding effects on neighbouring lands.
4. That there is insufficient data on flood modelling
5. The road is a significant threat to the Coffs Creek Koala population
6. That the design has not been tested against the CBD Masterplan's aims regarding pedestrian flow
7. That the traffic studies have not considered impacts on existing intersections
8. That the road is unlikely to make a material,positive impact on traffic flow
9. That the design is not supported by peer review
10. That the lack of access to the Community Facilities land car park is a significant omission
We ask the Council to cease proceeding with a permanent road through the park until a holistic CBD traffic study has been completed. This should collect data on all intersections and roads, test all possible road re configurations and include modelling for the eventual,Coffs Harbour bypass of the Pacific Highway.
Today: Cheryl is counting on you
Cheryl Cooper needs your help with “Coffs Harbour City Council: Save Pioneer Park”. Join Cheryl and 475 supporters today.