STOP opening of new TASMAC shop & Bar in Nookampalayam, Chennai
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
TN Government is constructing a new TASMAC shop & Bar in Nookampalayam village, Chennai South, which threatens the peaceful existence of people in Nookampalayam, Perumbakkam and Semmenchery villages. We strongly oppose this shop establishment due to following reasons:
1. The site is less than 100 meters from Nookampalayam public school (Panchayat middle school).
2. The construction is happening within 100 meters of protected ASI zone (Perumbakkam hills) and as per ASI norms construction is not permitted in this area.
3. Lot of women and girl students travel alone daily through Perumbakkam Road, where shop is being constructed and safety of women will be big issue.
4. Lot of townships/ apartment complexes are established in this area, like Bollineni hillside township, Plaza, Color homes, Casa Grande. 20000+ familes live peacefully in these communities and Nookampalayam, semmenchery, Perumbakkam villages. Safety of people living in these communities who use the road regularly for city connectivity will be compromised if TASMAC is opened as per current plan.
5. There is a 200+ years old temple (Sri Vaidheswarar Temple) and a church in less than 100 meters from the site.
We request concerned authorities to immediately take steps to stop opening of TASMAC shop and help people live peacefully in the area.
Today: Mani is counting on you
Mani Perialwar needs your help with “email@example.com: STOP opening of new TASMAC shop in Nookampalayam, Chennai”. Join Mani and 654 supporters today.