A Call To Action
A Call To Action
On September 18th 2020 Hardy Witt, a member and patron of the club committed an act of sexual assault against another member of the establishment. This was brought to the attention of club 717/DAO president Jason Allman and entertainment director Jordan Mathers. On the night of the attack Hardy was temporarily banned with no further action taken. Since the night in question Hardys membership has been renewed and can return to the club as a standing member. Following an internal investigation Hardy acknowledged his unbecoming behaviour and apologized to the victim. Since this date in questioning several other patrons and members and victims of the club expressed concern and have been silenced by the current administration.
- Mr Hardy be permanently banned from the premises and has his membership revoked.
- Mr Jason Allman (president of 717) immediately resign his role as president and step aside from the current leadership of the board.
- Mr John Duvell (treasurer) step down and immediately turn his membership and no longer be associated in any capacity of leadership of club 717.
- That the composition of the board of directors be revised.
- The bylaws of the club be revised and updated immediately and frequently afterwards
- Board members should all be required to take response to sexual violence response training
Club 717 was a home away from home for many people in the lgbtq+ community. It was a safe space and now that has been jeoperdized and tarnished with the current administration. Currently club 717 is no longer home and no longer safe and this petition is to help spread awareness to the direction of the club and to bring back what once was a safe space back to our community. These are our demands at this time. Please sign and share this petition widely we appreciate your support.