Replace the planters on Auckland Road with a bus gate. Buses, emergency and utility vehicles will be able to travel through the gate.
We DO want to see a return of the 410 bus. The bus gate will:
1. Allow the elderly, the young and the less able-bodied the chance to visit Crystal Palace and Croydon without walking too far.
2. Allow the bus to travel without getting stuck in traffic jams. A quicker, more efficient service!
Why is this important?
We've enjoyed the quieter roads that we've had because of roadworks and the Covid Lockdown. We want to keep Auckland Road calm:
1. No longer a rat run with threatening speeds and dangerous overtaking.
2. Less polluted, less noisy, less traffic jams. A liveable neighbourhood.
3. The freedom to allow people to walk, cycle and scoot.
This all contributes to a stronger, healthier community.
This would begin to transform the area. This will be a "change for good"....