Cleveland Co., NC: Ban the Animal Shelter Gas Chamber to Kill Innocent Homeless Pets
This petition had 10,682 supporters
The Cleveland County Animal Control in North Carolina—under the authority of the Coordinator of Health Services and County Commissioners—has sparked controversy worldwide with their very high kill rate of adoptable dogs and cats and refusal of grant funds to remove the animal gas chamber. It’s time to let those responsible know, we demand change!
Here are the basic changes that need to be made as a mere start of overhauling this shelter:
• End the use of the gas chamber and use humane euthanasia, only when absolutely necessary as a last resort if no rescue or home is found
• Allow volunteers in to do temp testing, help socialize the animals, and give them care
• Keep the shelter open reasonable hours to facilitate adoptions and rescues—the current limited operating hours (16 hours per week) with no availability after 4 pm or on weekends is not acceptable. If they had reasonable open hours they would not need the inhumane outdoor drop box, which doesn't protect small dogs and large dogs from fighting eachother, doesn't stop cats from fighting each other, and doesn't stop spread of disease!
• Update the software system to allow timely updating of the status of the animals online
• Enforce good sanitation practices and start a vaccine program to help prevent disease
Please sign and share this petition to demand change now!
Take Action – Ban Animal Gas Chambers & Ban Gassing of Dogs & Cats Now
Today: Larissa is counting on you
Larissa Tuttle needs your help with “Cleveland Co., NC: Ban the Animal Shelter Gas Chamber to Kill Innocent Homeless Pets”. Join Larissa and 10,681 supporters today.