Clean Ibrahim Cheruvu - Healthy Living place for 20000 Citizens of Hyderabad
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,500!
Ibrahim cheruvu located in the Ibrahimbagh area of Historic city of Hyderabad . The lake has a historical significance and currently it is in a very important location of Hyderabad where the glorious past (Golconda fort) and amazing future (Financial district, RayaDurgam) of this great city of Hyderabad meets.
More than 20,000 people are living in the colonies and villages around this lake. Because of its proximity to the strategic important areas for Hyderabad’s growth – many people working in the IT and other related futuristic industry have started living in the colonies and villages near by Ibrahim Cheruvu.
The entire drainage from the upstream areas like Jubilee Hills, Durgam Cheruvu, Shaikpet, Manikonda areas flows into Ibrahim cheruvu. This drainage flow is making the water of Ibrahim cheruvu a very friendly hub for water hyacinth growth, lakhs and lakhs of mosquitoes. The air quality in the surrounding areas is reaching dangerously unhealthy levels and the smell is unbearable for more than 20 thousand residents who live in the surrounding areas.
The residents in the surrounding areas ( neknampur, Alakapoor Township, Manikonda,PuppalaGuda)have been approaching all the authorities for a long time to clean up the lake by removing water hyacinth and also by setting up STPs to treat the drainage flowing in. We Request your immediate attention to entrust a suitable and qualified team of officials to achieve below objectives on a time bound project.
1) As an immediate measure – please arrange fogging around the lake and any other short term measures to avoid mosquito menace and health issues to young children
2) Clean up the existing water hyacinth
3) In parallel , please set up STPs to treat the drainage – otherwise the drainage will cause the growth of hyacinth again
4) Please arrange lighting around the lake to avoid any illegal activities happening around the lake. We had many security incidents in and around this area in recent past. A secluded dark place of this size provides a good avenue for people who are involved in illegal activities.
5) Support the Musi River Development, pet project of our honorable CM, Mr.KCR. In our humble opinion, with a drainage filled major upstream lake for Musi supplying all drainage water, clean Musi cannot be achieved.
6) Finally – we request you to initiate beautification and create walking and other recreational facilities like it is done in many places across Telangana under the dynamic leadership of the Telangana Govt
Above steps will help in creating a healthy residential area which is very important to support the large growth being witnessed by Hyderabad .. again thanks to the great initiatives by telangana Govt like - THub and many MNCs setting up the shop here.
Today: Nagaraj is counting on you
Nagaraj Kacham needs your help with “Clean Ibrahim Cheruvu - Healthy Living place for 20000 Citizens of Hyderabad”. Join Nagaraj and 1,001 supporters today.