Take a Bite Out of Bureaucracy: Free Galveston's Food Trucks!
This petition made change with 314 supporters!
Food trucks are an important source of economic opportunity for entrepreneurs of all types. They increase foot traffic and benefit restaurants and other brick-and-mortar establishments with an increased customer base. Food trucks provide new jobs, stimulate culinary innovation, draw tourists, expand opportunities for restaurants to grow their businesses, activate underused spaces, and make our communities even safer places to live. They also enhance the culinary culture of our city, enliven streets, and provide food options in underserved areas – if we let them.
Why isn’t this happening in Galveston? Current city regulations. Galveston codes governing mobile vendors are onerous, out-dated and overly restrictive. Let’s agree to reform Galveston’s food truck ordinance so that they may encourage new business, benefit neighborhoods, build the strength of our city’s restaurant industry, and contribute revenue to the city.
We, the undersigned, support common sense regulations for food trucks. For example:
1. Allow licensed food trucks in the downtown area
2. Eliminate requirement for costly ($350) permits for various allowable locations (permit should be held by mobile unit, not site location)
3. Allow licensed food truck units to operate in residential areas for private events/functions (without requiring separate catering permit)
4. Eliminate seasonal operating restrictions
5. Reduce distance restrictions between other permitted concessions
6. Provide a clear, unambiguous and timely process for issuance of permits to potential operators.
7. Encourage development of local food truck parks
For the good of our city…let’s roll!!!
SIGN THE PETITION AND SUPPORT GALVESTON FOOD TRUCKS!
Today: Ana is counting on you
Ana Draa needs your help with “firstname.lastname@example.org: Take a Bite Out of Bureaucracy: Free Galveston's Food Trucks!”. Join Ana and 313 supporters today.