No skyscrapers in Subiaco
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
Petition in relation to the application to develop the former Subiaco Pavilion Market Site - 10 Rokeby Road & 375 Roberts Road - City of Subiaco
To the Mayor and Councillors of the City of Subiaco:
• We the undersigned, are in support of redevelopment of the former Pavilion site, but we do not support a 24-storey/100+ metres high skyscraper as part of that redevelopment.
• This building is not in keeping with the Subiaco character and streetscape and will set an undesirable height precedent in Subiaco.
• The proposed redevelopment requires a significant height bonus and substantial relaxation of building setbacks on the Rokeby Road frontage, with inadequate commensurate benefit to the community.
• Development of a 24-storey building will adversely impact on existing heritage buildings surrounding the site, in particular, the terrace houses in Catherine St and retail shops along Rokeby Road.
• We therefore respectfully ask the Mayor and Councillors of the City of Subiaco to reject the proposed development application (DAP application DA7.2018. 153.1-DAP 18/01530), and to instead encourage the developer to resubmit a development application of a lower height that better respects its context.
• We implore the City of Subiaco and developers to consider the sympathetic development of historical areas around the world, particularly Europe, where new buildings are on a human scale and do not overshadow heritage sites.
• We love Subiaco, particularly its leafy gardens and streets and village atmosphere. We strongly believe that a skyscraper is not appropriate in this part of Subiaco, wedged between heritage shops and houses. Let us respect and embrace our history and preserve these streets for the future.
Today: C is counting on you
C Bell needs your help with “email@example.com: No skyscrapers in Subiaco”. Join C and 218 supporters today.