1. To open a Soup and Cornbread Kitchen in the 9th District.
2. The community is requesting for all senators, council members and all elected officials to support the opening of a much needed Soup and Cornbread Kitchen in the community of South Central Los Angeles.
3. Los Angeles has the highest homeless street population in the nation, especially women and children. Many of these families live in the community of South Central Los Angeles.
4. Many of these families are undocumented and unemployed. Therefore this makes it hard for them to obtain food. South Central Family Health Center sees 72,000 patients a year. 90% of these patients live below property. Many of these patients are suffering from heart disease, high blood pressure and diabetes.
5. Apart from not having transportation, the homeless families and the community are concern about the dangers and high level crime rate in the Downtown, “Skid Row”, area where the free meals provided.
6. The benefit with this Soup and Cornbread Kitchen, the people’s health will improve and the hunger rate will go down significantly.