City of Winnipeg and the Province of Manitoba: Suspend plans to develop RT through Parker wetlands and Aspen forest
This petition had 1,317 supporters
1. Residents have not been given adequate and meaningful consultation prior to decisions for development, while major developers have been consulted.
2. The route proposed by the City through the Parker Lands is longer than a direct route down Pembina Highway.
3. There is a need for a comprehensive environmental study of the Parker Lands and an impact study of development on the wetlands and aspen forest.
4. High density population for Rapid Transit exists along the Letellier Line, a recommended alternate route, yet this does not exist along the Parker Lands route.
5. It is fiscally irresponsible to build a route through the Parker wetlands without adequate study of current ridership and future ridership projections of all options.
Today: Parker Wetlands Conservation Committee is counting on you
Parker Wetlands Conservation Committee needs your help with “City of Winnipeg and the Province of Manitoba: Suspend plans to develop RT through Parker wetlands and Aspen forest”. Join Parker Wetlands Conservation Committee and 1,316 supporters today.