Stop Light/Norfolk Ave
This petition had 183 supporters
The traffic on Norfolk Ave presents an issue with -
1. Safety for children-Bus stops and children playing in normal every day activities.
2. General pedestrian/pet traffic trying to cross Norfolk Ave to access bike/pedestrian trail.
3. During busy time of seasons (Summer) it is sometimes impossible to access Norfolk Ave from the south side. (Marshview Dr. Lands End Way, Indian Ave, Rudee Ave, Cypress Ave, Mediterranean Ave, and Arctic Ave)
Solution-If there was a traffic light at one of these intersections;
1. It would give ample enough time for children,pets being walked and young adults to cross the intersection accessing the pedestrian/bicycle trail.
2. Would allow safe passage for vehicles at the other intersections to have enough time to safely enter onto Norfolk Ave without a possible collision.
3. Drivers not local to the area drive at extremely unsafe speeds to (Get to the beach) faster. This would slow these drivers down making it safer for everyone.
4. Local Police do not or have not used any devices or practices to stop drivers from driving at excessive speeds whether to or from the beach. This would eliminate the cost for such measures needed and labor of the police force.
Today: Richard is counting on you
Richard Montgomery needs your help with “City of Virginia Beach: Stop Light/Norfolk Ave”. Join Richard and 182 supporters today.