Stop The Bans On Off Leash Dog Walking!
This petition made change with 1,495 supporters!
The City of Stirling council in Perth Western Australia is considering banning walking dogs off leash at ten local reserves. Councillors are expected to vote on the bans in a few weeks and we need residents support to prevent this from happening.
Council is considering banning dogs off leash at the following locations:
• Jackadder Lake in Woodlands
• All the reserves at Trigg Bushland including the reserve between Duart Road and Arnott Street in Trigg
• Millington Reserve and Elliott Oval in Karrinyup
• Lake Gwelup in Gwelup (restrictions where dogs can be exercised).
As a responsible dog owner you will have less choice where to run your dog off leash or throw a ball for your best mate. You will no longer be allowed to exercise your dog in a number of popular parks or along designated bush land tracks in some areas
People who don't own dogs will pay a price too, as the bans will force dog owners to use other parks and sporting fields where dogs are still allowed to exercise off leash. This could create congestion and potential for conflict with other users, like junior sports clubs.
Traditionally, dogs have been allowed off leash in all these reserves and there have been relatively few problems. Reports by Council's paid consultants and its senior staff confirm that there have been no significant issues caused by off leash dog walking.
Dog owners generally appreciate Council’s management of these reserves and the fairness of its dog exercise area policies. The vast majority of owners act responsibly to help prevent any inappropriate actions by their own pets or other people’s pets, while they are being exercised off leash.
The current dog walking policies have worked extremely well and there is no reason to change the status quo.
Demonstrate your opposition to the proposed bans by signing this petition that we will present to council. Please tell your family, friends and neighbours and ask them to show their support too by sharing this page.
Other ways you can help stop the bans:
• Post this link to your Facebook and share it with your friends using the button on this page.
• Like our facebook page www.facebook.com/poochpowerwa and invite your friends using the link on this page
• Share the link to the page with family and friends using the button on this page.
Thank you for your support.
Today: Dan is counting on you
Dan Sullivan needs your help with “City of Stirling: Stop The Bans On Off Leash Dog Walking!”. Join Dan and 1,494 supporters today.