Safer school zone and designated parking for Lakecrest!
This petition had 174 supporters
Many parents, teachers and staff at Lakecrest Independent School have noticed issues related to traffic travelling along Patrick Street. Some have experienced/witnessed near misses whereby children and/or parents have come close to being struck by oncoming vehicles when trying to cross the street.
In addition Lakecrest has become vulnerable to parking restrictions on a lot behind the school in Convent Square that has always been used by faculty, staff and parents. We are asking the City of St. John's to ensure we can access some parking next to the playground behind the school.
This is a summary of the changes we are asking the City of St. John's to consider:
(1) Additional signage in both directions on Patrick Street indicating there is a school zone,
(2) install speed signs that capture oncoming vehicles actual speed,
(3) reduce the speed to 30 km per hour during school hours,
(4) implement an additional crossing guard for the afternoon (we currently only have a morning crossing guard),
(5) ensure we have access to some parking next to the playground behind the school (Convent Square).
Thank you in advance for your consideration.
Lakecrest parents, faculty and staff
Today: A is counting on you
A Warren needs your help with “City of St. John's: Safer school zone and designated parking for Lakecrest”. Join A and 173 supporters today.