Move Northclift Neighborhood & Cedar Hill Estates to the Midtown CAC
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
Dear Next-door Neighbors,
I started the petition "Move Northclift Neighborhood & Cedar Hills Estates Neighborhood to the Midtown CAC" and wanted to see if you could help by adding your name.
I've attended Midtown Citizens Advisory Council (CAC) meetings in the recent past when the Six Forks Rd Corridor Study was being discussed.
The Six Forks Rd Corridor Study directly effects our neighborhood. ESPECIALLY the homes that back up to six forks rd -which is where my home lies AND the neighborhood entrance.
If you haven't heard about the study I invite you to please view and review the future plans.
After the meetings, I did research online and found that Northclift is not part of the Midtown CAC even though we have the 27609 midtown zip code. Rather, we are part of the North CAC which is very large and goes out past 540 and east to Capitol Blvd. Being in the North is a disadvantage to us as our neighborhood schools and community is in Midtown. If we're not part of the Midtown CAC, we can not vote on key zoning changes that affect our schools, neighborhoods, and roads.
For as long as I've owned my home (10+ years) I traverse back and fourth from Northclift to downtown Raleigh and I drive Six Forks Rd every day. I live and play in N Hills/Midtown and I'm sure most of you Live, Work, and Play in Midtown and I believe we should have the right to vote on the future development of our area.
I want to ask Raleigh City Council to move Northclift to the Midtown CAC. WHY?
• This section of Six Forks Rd (up to Lynn Rd) is the heart of Raleigh’s Midtown - as stated on the City of Raleigh’s website.
• Our 27609 zip code is Midtown. And people buy in the 27609 zip code because we Live, Work, and Play in this part of town and we want to have a vote at the table on future changes that affect our neighborhoods.
• Our neighborhood base schools (Green elementary & Carrol middle) are in the Midtown CAC and we deserve to have a say/voting rights as to the zoning and future developments next to and around our schools.
• The Six Forks Rd Corridor study developers have been taking their presentations to the Midtown CAC for community involvement and we can't vote on what changes directly affect our neighborhood homes. Many of our neighborhood homes back up to Six Forks Rd (including mine) and the changes have a huge impact on us. We want to be part of the Midtown CAC discussion and votes.
• If they ever have a "North Hills Dr Corridor Study" I'd like our community to have a seat at the table.
• 100+ residents agree!
I'd like to ask you to please support this recommended change and sign the petition.
Today: Kalyn is counting on you
Kalyn Haba needs your help with “City of Raleigh/Raleigh CAC: Move Northclift Neighborhood & Cedar Hill Estates to the Midtown CAC”. Join Kalyn and 148 supporters today.