Approve for a Parkour Park to be built in Ottawa
This petition had 1,218 supporters
With the popularity of Parkour rising in Ottawa and the city destroying our spots (tearing down parks to build new ones that are safer for kids but worse for Parkour) they have NO reason not to build one. The main excuse was money but the Ottawa Parkour community is more than happy to fundraise for it! I have met with people who work for the city and they suggested we should keep climbing buildings and doing our thing as long as they dont see it.
Here is why Ottawa would benefit from a Parkour Park.
- Parkour practitioners are ordered or forced to leave their training spots. These spots can include: children parks, beaches, other city property (such as schools and more), and other private properties.
- Parkour practitioners are forced to climb buildings to practice their sport.
- Parkour practitioners have nowhere to train due to the reasons stated above.
- Parkour practitioners do not have a safe training environment therefore risks of injury are increased.
- Parkour practitioners train in parks and nearby children could attempt to recreate their stunts and get hurt.
- The popularity of Parkour in the Ottawa area has grown increasingly each year.
- Parkour is an important sport since it positively affects the mental and physical health of those who practice it properly.
- Parkour is a great way for people exercise for free. Most sports (such as biking or skateboarding) require you to buy equipment.
Today: Nick is counting on you
Nick Provost needs your help with “City of Ottawa: Approve for a Parkour Park to be built in Ottawa”. Join Nick and 1,217 supporters today.