Westside Wolves Petition For New Grounds
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
On the 22nd of May 2018, the City of Nedlands Council voted against a Community Engagement Plan that would allow for community consultation to take place on a proposal by Westside Wolves Hockey Club to build a hockey pitch and club rooms on the western side of Mt Claremont Oval (cnr of Alfred Road and Montgomery Avenue). The vote against was contrary to the recommendation of the City’s CEO and staff.
· We respectfully request that City of Nedlands Council reconsider its vote against the Community Engagement Plan.
· A hockey facility at this location would provide a home for a club with a 90-year history in the area, who facilitate a healthy lifestyle for approximately 1500 players (men, women, girls and boys) on any given weekend.
· A hockey facility is an efficient use of limited sporting precincts within the City of Nedlands. Mt Claremont is currently an underutilised designated sporting precinct.
· The site currently has no permanent users.
· Casual users would not be inconvenienced, can co-exist within the proposed plan as it retains 55% of the existing open space.
· This development is crucial to the sustainability of our club and sport generally in the area. The current player to turf ratio in WA is 1900 to 1 in the Perth metropolitan area.
Petition lodged by Dr. Richard Charlesworth, 24 Carrington Street, Nedlands, 6009
Today: Reid is counting on you
Reid Smith needs your help with “City of Nedlands: Westside Wolves Community Engagement Plan For New Grounds”. Join Reid and 472 supporters today.