Stop controversial Colletta Park development!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
Developers are closing in on final approval for the proposed Colletta Park development (defeated when proposed as Ashcroft Ridge and Ashcroft Valley). As it stands, this development will bring 199 new homes to Williamson County. The following are some of the many reasons to make sure this plan gets denied again:
1. The developers are asking for modifications because the plan does NOT meet current zoning ordinances and land use plans. The land is zoned for R-1 lots of one acre, and the land use calls for lots of 1-5 acres. Using appropriate standards would allow for less than 80 homes to be built.
2. Our zoned Page schools are already over-capacity.
3. The existing traffic is greater than our current roads can handle.
4. The planned development site is a picturesque Williamson County location. The forested hills are full of wildlife. Permits to cut trees are only required for lots greater than one acre, and 90% of these lots are smaller.
5. There are water conveyances that run through the valley to the Harpeth. There have not been comprehensive studies of the environmental impact of this development.
6. Probable future connections from this subdivision would go onto county roads not designed to handle the additional cars (Beacon Hill, Stanford, and Warren are current possibilities). The current plan includes county roads for emergency vehicle access, which poses safety issues for Franklin East subdivision.
Please consider which of these would negatively impact your life and sign this petition to let the Board of Mayor and Aldermen know before the December 12th vote. Insist they follow the rules and vision they have laid out in the zoning ordinances and land use plan of the City of Franklin. Let them know that making exceptions for the developers at the cost of the quality of life for current residents is unacceptable.
Today: Monique is counting on you
Monique Kueker needs your help with “City of Franklin Board of Mayor and Aldermen: Stop controversial Colletta Park development!”. Join Monique and 996 supporters today.