Recall Cheyenne Mayor Marian Orr
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
Mayor Orr has consistently proven that she is unable and unwilling to uphold her Mayoral oath; to advocate for her City; to perform ethically and transparently; or to follow City and State policies, rules and regulations.
A few examples include:
1. June - Inviting an international delegate into the City during a large event without including the necessary parties for proper planning as security (AKA the meeting when the Mayor blatantly disrespected Governor Gordon but then turned around and issued a press release that she was offended when he said "Fuck you Mayor").
2. July - the Mayor accepted a "gift" or "bribe" from a local car dealership in the form of a shiny new Dodge Truck to drive around. Not only is this against the rules but it is a clear conflict of interest considering the gifter is a potential supplier and has an existing relationship with the City for a future land transaction.
3. Let's talk about the Hitching Post.
4. Superday snafu - we still don't know where the money went but we do know that Holly Frontier granted funds for the event, vendors were charged for both rental AND then the attendees were charged for both parking and participation to the tune of $30/person. This is the equivalent of a CFD armband for an annual event that has been free since its inception.
5. Kicking Rocks - after transparency regarding the funding receivables and expenditures for the Superday event were requested, they Mayor responded with "if they don't like it, they can kick rocks" while simultaneously threatening to cancel an event that is a longstanding tradition in our community.
6. Potholes - this is bigger than just potholes. We watched the Mayor campaign and promise to fix our roads, she has failed to do so 3 years into her term. As public frustration rose and CFD approached, they Mayor attempted a few band-aids by chip sealing and patching concrete curbs with asphalt (huh?). Additionally and most recently, the Mayor attempted to utilize the "Emergency Procurement" allowance in the City's procurement manual to pick the vendor she liked to perform pothole repair up to $250k. Due to this ethical violation, there is not a contract or even a potential repair contract to look forward to. There are so many issues with the road/pothole debacle but at the end of the day, the Mayor made a promise, failed to deliver, and is trying to cover her ass as we approach election season.
6. Bloomberg - the best thing to say here is feel free to do some digging. A. City gets a grant to do things. B. Mayor goes to Hawaii and Cabo San Lucas with the grant that was meant to do things C. The things didn't get done D. The Mayor blamed everyone else but has failed to provide an explanation for the $25k in personal purchases charged to City accounts.
In order to remove Mayor Orr, 25% of REGISTERED VOTERS, in Cheyenne most sign the petition. This includes name, signature and address.
By signing this petition, you attest that you are a registered voter in the City of Cheyenne, Wyoming, that the statements therein made are true as he believes, and that each signature is the genuine signature of the person whose name it purports to be.
WY Stat § 15-4-110 (2014)
15-4-110. Recall of officers.
(a) Any elected officer may be removed at any time by the qualified electors in the following manner: a petition signed by at least twenty-five percent (25%) of all the registered electors and demanding an election of a successor of the person sought to be removed shall be filed with the city clerk. The petition shall contain a general statement of the grounds for removal. The signatures to the petition need not all be appended to one (1) paper, but each signer shall add to his signature his place of residence, giving the street and number. One (1) of the signers of each paper shall make oath before a competent officer that the statements therein made are true as he believes, and that each signature is the genuine signature of the person whose name it purports to be. Within ten (10) days from the date of filing the petition the clerk shall determine whether or not the petition is signed by the requisite number of qualified electors. If necessary, the commission shall allow him extra help for that purpose. The clerk shall attach to the petition his certificate, showing the result of his examination. If the petition is insufficient, it shall be returned to the person who filed it, without prejudice to the filing of a new petition to the same effect. If the petition is sufficient, the clerk shall submit it to the governing body without delay. The governing body shall then fix a date for holding the election, not less than thirty (30) days nor more than forty (40) days from the date of the clerk's certificate of sufficiency. The commission shall publish notice and arrange for holding the election, which shall be conducted in the same manner as other city elections.
Today: Citizens against is counting on you
Citizens against Orr needs your help with “City of Cheyenne Registered Voters: Recall Cheyenne Mayor Marian Orr”. Join Citizens against and 673 supporters today.