Swachhagraha - Let’s vow to build a clean nation
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
Have you ever been to a foreign country with strict rules and practices regarding cleanliness? Yes?
Have you noticed fellow Indians follow the rules over there? Yes?
Have you also noticed the same people follow the same practices back in India? No?
Sadly, majority of Indians do not practice cleanliness in their daily routine. Spitting, throwing garbage in the open etc. is very common. They do this so often that they consider this to be perfectly normal and it has become a part of their behaviour.
How has a country which follows Gandhiji not able to realise one of his most important preachings about cleanliness?
Cleanliness is next to Godliness. It has often been said that we should keep the place clean where we live, eat, learn, work, pray. Then why are we so insensitive about our cities, roads and surroundings being clean.
According to Swachh Survekshan 2018, Indore, Bhopal and Chandigarh have been declared the cleanest cities in India. Also Jharkhand has been declared the best performing state followed by Maharashtra.
What does it take to make a clean city, a cleaner nation?
- Good administrative initiatives with strict rules
- Equal Contribution from each and every concerned citizen
It is not only the responsibility of administration for keeping the city clean. Efforts put in by the administration will not yield result if the citizens do not shoulder the responsibility.
We as individuals should be a little more participative. People can make a huge difference - Be it the Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan, where citizens are doing a cleanup act themselves, or mapping garbage spots using a phone app, or signing this petition and uninhibitedly forwarding to all contacts.
You too can make a difference. Want to know how?
Just follow the below steps:
- Sign this petition to practice cleanliness in your area
- Share the petition with others
- Take pictures of your actions and share them on social media
Share your photos on Facebook - Tag @letsACTforIndia and use #swachhagraha #missionswachhata
Stop littering :
- Make sure that we do not litter in the open. Always throw garbage in the dustbins.
- Advice others to use dustbins when littering in open
- Tell those people you advised to spread the message to other people
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle:
- Reduce consumption of plastic - Opt for biodegradable products, avoid using bottled products, say no to straws
- Reuse - Shopping bags, one-sided paper, envelopes, packaging material etc.
- Recycle - Send plastic, paper, e waste etc. for recycling, Use recycled items
Now is the time to ACT! Let us show how collective action can bring about a positive change.
Let your ACTions be heard!
Today: ACT is counting on you
ACT For India needs your help with “Citizens of India: Swachhagraha - Let’s vow to build a clean nation”. Join ACT and 868 supporters today.