Windsor-Essex Region: Support our New Hospital Plan. HERE ARE THE FACTS!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
Campaign Petition Post #2 - (2/16/18)
"IT'S NOT A DONE DEAL"
SIGN OUR PETITION to support getting our new 5 Star Windsor-Essex Health Care System built for our region, before 2028.
For those citizens who believe what our Community leaders have been telling us about the new Hospital Plan, here are some facts you need to know.
The process is now at a standstill, waiting for the City of Windsor to complete the next critical step for getting our new acute care hospital built. They need to urgently prioritize this process and get it done before the upcoming June elections, to avoid unexpected delays that could derail the whole process for years to come.
We need community support to put pressure on this issue, so the hospital project can officially move forward and get built without delays.
SIGN OUR PETITION… ADD YOUR SUPPORT ______________________________________________________
HOSPITAL PLAN: "It's Not a Done Deal.”
- The Health Minister only approved funding for Stage 2 of the 5 Stage Process. Stage 2 is another study....
- He did not approve funding to build the Hospital
- The projected completion for the remaining 4 Stages will take at least 10 years
- The new Hospital will not open before 2028..... 16 years from when the hospital process started in 2012.
REZONING PROCESS: "No Rezoning = No New Hospital"
- The Windsor Regional Hospital Site Selection Subcommittee approved the preferred County Road 42 Acute Care Hospital site on June 22, 2015, (2 ½ years ago)
- This preferred site is not zoned for a new Hospital. Rezoning is needed
- The property as it stands is farmland
- The Health Minister did not approve the preferred site...In quotation: “This is a municipal issue and not a provincial issue to decide on.”
- The City of Windsor has not approved the rezoning application submitted by theWindsor Region Hospital some time ago
- The rezoning process is under way and the City of Windsor is responsible for getting it done before June 2018...3 years from when the process started in 2015
This is why we are asking for you to join our campaign to help make a difference. Any delay in the process is unacceptable!
We are "Citizens for Healthcare": Since early 2016 we have been strategically campaigning as an independent and non-partisan advocacy group of concerned local citizens that fully support the process for the new Windsor-Essex Hospitals System Plan for our region.
Our Campaign Focus: To navigate, influence and manipulate the process in any way to get our new Hospital System built sooner than later.
Our #1 goal is to help get the new Acute Care Hospital built for our region prior to 2028.
Today: Karl is counting on you
Karl Straky Sr needs your help with “CITIZENS for HEALTHCARE: Windsor-Essex Region”. Join Karl and 38 supporters today.