Church of the Nazarene: Be a LGBT-affirming Church
The Church of the Nazarene was founded in 1908 as a holiness denomination with a strong social justice core. Since 1972, the Church has held a strong anti-gay policy.
At the 28th General Assembly, let us vote to become an LGBT-affirming church, and thus end the cycle of hate, discrimination, and homophobia.
Let's all work together to find a positive understanding of one another. Let us speak the truth in love. Everyone in the Church of the Nazarene should be a Nazarene Ally.
- Church of the Nazarene
Board of General Superintendents
- Gold Creek Community Church of the Nazarene, Washington Pacific District
- Sr. Pastor Bethany First Church of the Nazarene, Oklahoma District
- Administrative Assistant to Pastor Rick, BFC-OKD
- Sr Pastor, Pismo Beach New Life Community Church of the Nazarene, Los Angeles District
- Sr. Pastor, Pasadena First Church of the Nazarene, Los Angeles District
- Administrative Assistant, Paz Naz, LAD
- Jr. High Pastor, Paz Naz, LAD
- Student Ministries Pastor, Paz Naz, LAD
- College Pastor, Paz Naz, LAD
- Director of Church Relations, ENC
Dr. Stephen Dillman
- Vice President for Student Development
- VP of Spiritual Development & Chaplain of the College, ENC
Dr. Corey S. MacPherson
- ENC, Coordinator for Music Ministries
- ENC, Campus Ministries Coordinator
- ENC, Student Chaplain Chapel Coordinator
- Student Chaplain FUSION Coordinator
- Ambrose University College, President
Gordon T. Smith
- Sr Pastor Grove City Church of the Nazarene, Central Ohio District
- SNU, Chaplin
- Eastern Nazarene College, President
Dr. Corlis McGee
- Point Loma Nazarene University, Chaplin
- MidAmerica Nazarene University, President
Dr. David Spittal
- Nazarene Bible College, President
Dr. Harold Graves Jr.
- Olivet Nazarene University, President
Dr. John Bowling
- Southern Nazarene University, President
Dr. Loren Gresham
- Trevecca Nazarene University, President
Dr. Dan Boone
- SNU, V.P. of Student Development
- Holiness Today, Editor-in-Chief
- MNU, Chaplin
Dr. Randy Beckum
- MNU, Director of Spiritual Development
- ONU, Chaplin
- ONU, Vice President for Student Development
Walter “Woody” Webb
- MVNU, Chaplin
- MVNU, Administrative Assistant to the Chaplain
- MVNU, Director of Student Life
- General Secretary
DAVID P. WILSON
- Nazarene Theological Seminary, President
Dr. David A. Busic
I am a Nazarene Ally. I signed because I want the Church of the Nazarene to be LGBT-affirming in every way, from policy to pulpit to pew.
In 2013 I want my district delegates to the 28th General Assembly of the Church of the Nazarene in Indianapolis, Indiana to support a resolution to remove the last paragraph of Manual statement 37, and other non-affirming statements that are found in the Manual as well as in the student handbooks of the Nazarene Institutes for Higher Education.
We are all children of God. I want my church to be a safe place for everyone. I want the LGBT community to feel welcomed and loved at my local Church of the Nazarene.
Grace and Peace to you,
Nazarene Ally started this petition with a single signature, and now has 110 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.
Today: Nazarene Ally is counting on you
Nazarene Ally needs your help with “Church of the Nazarene: Be a LGBT-affirming Church”. Join Nazarene Ally and 109 supporters today.