Keep Saint Michael's Medical Center in Newark Open by Approving the Sale of the Hospital to Prime Healthcare
This petition had 4,092 supporters
We urge you, Governor Chris Christie to save Saint Michael's Medical Center.
Support the sale of Saint Michael’s Medical Center (SMMC) to Prime Healthcare, ensuring that the hospital is able to continue providing essential health services to their communities.
Without this sale, Saint Michael's will not be able to continue operating. The sale of Saint Michael's to Prime Healthcare will allow the following:
- Prime Healthcare will provide financial stability to ensure the medical center not only remains open as an acute-care facility, but grows and prospers.
- Prime brings the necessary resources and award-winning expertise to revitalize Saint Michael’s Medical Center and continue the medical center’s healing mission for residents of the greater Newark community.
- Prime has pledged to hire substantially all Saint Michael’s employees and physicians in good standing at the time the sale is finalized.
- Prime will continue to provide charity care at levels similar to those that are currently provided by Saint Michael’s.
- Prime will continue to serve Medicare and Medicaid patients. For these reasons, we respectfully ask that Gov. Chris Christie act in the best interest of all Newarkers and approve the Saint Michael’s Medical Center sale to Prime Healthcare.
Disclaimers: Petitioner/Supporter, please ignore the all receipts and request for donations solicited at completing this petition. Solicitation may occur by 3rd party services. We, Prime Healthcare Services and Saint Michael's Medical Center have not and will not requests donations of any kind for your participation in this or any petition/cause ensued.
For further information visit www.savesmmc.com
Today: Jay is counting on you
Jay Hull needs your help with “Chris Christie: Keep St. Michael's Open to the Newark Public by approving the sale of St. Michael’s Medical Center to Prime Healthcare”. Join Jay and 4,091 supporters today.