Resolve the issues raised by Endosulfan victims of Kasaragod
Endosulfan sufferer's struggle for survival which has been continuing for decades has reached a new phase. An indefinite hunger strike is going on near the New Bus stand, Kasaragod since 18th February 2013. A. Mohankumar, renowned environmental activist has crossed 20th day in the indefinite fast.
The Endosulfan Peeditha Janakeeya Munnani makes the following demands to the govt. for an amicable settlement of the issue.
1. Withdraw the Order to suspend in five years the rehabilitation programmes for endosulfan victims.
2. Include all the deserving patients in the list and give assistance for treatment.
3. Implement the NHRC recommendations totally and immediately.
4. Provide necessary treatment facilities in this district itself.
5. Establish a tribunal to trace offenders and to award compensation.
6. Reestablish organic farming; and initiate bioregeneration policy for the district.
7. The govt. should undertake responsibility for the loan liabilities of the endosulfan affected sufferers.
8. Implement scientific rehabilitation programme.
9. Remove the endosulfan which remains in the godowns after detoxifying it.
Please do your best in resolving these demands