Say big No to new veterinary colleges in karnataka
This petition had 730 supporters
We are veterinary students of karnataka state. There are already 4 veterinary colleges in karnataka which are giving output of 290 students every year. Now the government is initiating 5 new colleges at different parts of state.
Reasons given by government to start new colleges are
- There are more job vacancies but less applicants.
- People of some parts are unaware about animal husbandary, so we have to educate them.
But the actual scenario is not as they thought, so we are saying
- Government has called only 550 post of VO for recruitment but there are already 900+ graduates searching for job around the state.
- If you want to educate people about animal husbandry, you can start research centers as pashu vighnyana kendra.
- There is no permanent recognition (conditional recognition ) by veterinary Council of India for the 3 current working colleges, first fulfill the requirements of current working colleges as to get permanent recognition.
- If they start the new colleges that will be problematic for both students of old and new colleges, the new colleges will become factories of unemployees.
- Almost all the students are from farmers families and 90% of us is dependent on government job, even the opportunities in the private sector is very low.
So we are requesting not to start new colleges and support our families.
Today: Amith is counting on you
Amith Moody needs your help with “Chief minister of karnataka: No more new veterinary colleges in karnataka”. Join Amith and 729 supporters today.