Re-open BEAUTY THERAPY & SKIN CLINICS in MELB with Hairdressing. OFFICIAL PETITION 6/09/20
This petition made change with 3,211 supporters!
We are asking our Government to re-open BEAUTY SALONS / SKIN CLINICS in the THIRD STEP alongside hairdressers. A reminder we have been closed since March 2020.
As known in Australia, Hair and Beauty have always been under the same Award / Umbrella. Why has COVID19 divided our industry?
We were classified as Stage 2 previously and now we have been pushed back to the very end.
Every year Beauty Salons have to comply with their local councils Health Department. An assessor will check the premises to ensure compliance to health and safety standards.
A very difficult year for therapists and business owners with many developing depression, anxiety and other health related issues. The lack of planning, support, lack of funding to sole traders, discrimination, lack of communication during this process and clear uncertainty has taken its toll. Some salon owners have resorted to permanently closing their businesses.
We feel we are essential. Our clients include important and serious skin conditions such as Acne, Psoriasis, Dermatitis, Eczema, Scarring, Pigmentation, Melasma etc.
We as therapists have:
· Local Council Health Certificates Annually
· Private rooms for one on one which allows for cleaning and infectious control between clients.
· Linen is cleaned by medical Laundromats.
· Therapists are trained in infection control and follow all medical cleaning protocols.
· Masks, gloves and aprons PPE are used daily.
· Advance Facial Treatments are fully disposable.
· Auto-clavs are used on site for disinfecting metals.
· Strict protocols are in place for infectious control, cleaning & steralising
We are a service based industry and therefore can NOT provide click and collect or take away for our treatments.
We understand and have supported everything that has been asked of us since March 2020. However NOW we need your support.
Please sign and share far and wide this petition and show your support to the Beauty Industry.
Today: Sia is counting on you
Sia Psicharis needs your help with “Chief Health Officer Professor Brett Sutton: Re-open BEAUTY THERAPY & SKIN CLINICS in MELB with Hairdressing. OFFICIAL PETITION 6/09/20”. Join Sia and 3,210 supporters today.