Political parties shouldn't be allowed to become fiefdoms of few families, save democracy.
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
Chief Election Commissioner
Election Commission of India
India is a democratic country & election commission has an important role in safeguarding the basic tenets of democracy.
Our democracy has been taken over by feudal families, which are owning political parties instead of democratically leading.
Head of the family automatically becomes the president of party .
A very dangerous trend has evolved all over India, which needs immediate attention of your office.
Sir, there is no proper elections for executive posts of these political parties. Executives are nominated & candidates for assemblies , local bodies & parliaments are also nominated instead of elected by the members.
Here are few suggestions for your consideration:
1. Ask all political parties to submit list of their registered members with Voter IDs & Aadhar number.
2. Make democratic elections, which are in accordance with principles of our constitution & democracy, compulsory for all political parties for party posts & selection of candidates.
3. A model framework for elections of Office bearers & selection of candidates by all recognised state or national level political parties should be immediately implemented.
Election of Office bearers should be according to the wish of members of that political party.
4. President of all political parties should be elected in a presidential type elections with secret ballot by all registered members & should be conducted by election commission.
5. No president should hold post for more than two terms.
6. All political parties should arrange funds from their registered members only & should not be allowed to take donations from industries.
7. Donations from industries whether transparent or non transparent breeds corruption & some time promotes coercion & blackmailing.
All funds should come from members in a transparent manner.
8. No cash donations, even of a rupee should be permitted to political parties.
Sir, these are few suggestions only, list can be exhaustive . Our main aim should be to bring democracy in political parties first. An autocratic system which promotes nepotism is not good for democracy.
Funding of political parties based on favouritism , coercion & blackmailing should be replaced immediately by transparent funding by members.
No recognised political party should be allowed to become fiefdoms of any family.
Sir, safeguarding democracy is responsibility of your office & I hope your office will take steps to bring this revolutionary change & show a path to other democracies of this world for further evolution of democracy.
With best regards
Dr Chander Prakash Khandelwal
Social change activist
Today: Chander Prakash is counting on you
Chander Prakash Khandelwal needs your help with “Chief Election Commissioner of India: Political parties shouldn't be allowed to become fiefdoms of few families, save democracy.”. Join Chander Prakash and 52 supporters today.