Cheltenham, please remember Brian Jones!
This petition made change with 1,334 supporters!
The aim of this petition is for Cheltenham town (UK), the place of birth of Rolling Stones founder Brian Jones, to be fully identified as his hometown, as well as beign a welcoming place for all those who admire him.
There is a great amount of tourists visiting town with the purpose to know the place he used to live in, and or pay tribute to him on his grave each year. That's why we believe by recognising Jones' contribution to music, fashion and pop culture of the 1960's, Cheltenham would wlecome even more fans from across the World.
These are some ways we believe Cheltenham should be honouring Brian, we are open to ideas or suggestions as the main purpose is achieving something positive in his name,
- A proper Brian Jones Trail in the town, including his former house, school, places he hang around, his grave, etc. This activity was first started by the fan club many years ago in conjunction with the local tourist office, but poorly advertised at the time.
- A permanent exhibit on Brian Jones, which narrates his years on Cheltenham.
- A yearly Brian Jones event during the annual Cheltenham Music Festival such as a blues, jazz evening, featuring music that influenced Brian.
- A special musical event to commemorate the 50th anniversary of his demise.
Brian is a son of Cheltenham who has influenced thousands all over the world. Many fans have come a long way, from really far away places, travelling from miles and miles only motivated by their admiration, which leads them to know the town. To this very dedicated people it is usually frustrating to arrive at a place which makes little to no mention of the great talent they use to hold. We can change that.
If you agree, please sign the petition, share with your friends and through social media.
If you want to colaborate more, you can get in touch with the Cheltenham Tourist Information Office and/or Cheltenham Council Arts & Entertainment in these ways:
Cheltenham Tourist Information Office email: email@example.com or tel: +44 (0)1242 237431
Cheltenham Council Arts & Entertainment email: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: +44 (0)1242 528764
Thank you so much for reading and supporting. Let's work all together to keep Brian Jones' memory alive.
- Brian Jones fans worldwide.
Today: Ginny is counting on you
Ginny Caulfield needs your help with “Cheltenham Tourist Information Office: Brian Jones Trail in Cheltenham, UK.”. Join Ginny and 1,333 supporters today.