Save John Shennan Playing Field from future housing developments
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
We oppose the proposed residential development of around 200 new homes on John Shennan Playing Field (Strategic growth site 1e - North of Gloucester Avenue) in Moulsham Lodge because:
- We want to retain the green space / playing field which is the last piece of open space available in the Moulsham Lodge / Tile Kiln area
- of the increased pressure on local organisations such as doctors surgeries and schools which are already stretched and struggling to accommodate current residents
- of increased pressure on the road infrastructure - traffic is already a serious issue in this area and also already unsafe during school drop off and pick up times
- the landfill site contamination issue which has been raised by many, if not all home owners surrounding the field who have had to take further indemnities on their property due to the contamination issue
- the site is used by many people in this area and other areas of Chelmsford who use the space for dog walking, fresh air, picnics, sports, exercise and enjoyment of wildlife
- the site can be better used to serve the local community especially with regards to mental and physical health and wellbeing
Today: Friends of John Shennan Playing Field is counting on you
Friends of John Shennan Playing Field needs your help with “Chelmsford City Council: Save John Shennan Playing Field from future housing developments”. Join Friends of John Shennan Playing Field and 887 supporters today.