Stop the New Buildings for Telangana secretariat and Assembly
This petition had 72 supporters
Hon'ble Cheif Minister, Mr. K.Chandrashekhar Rao,
We humbly request you to stop your plans of moving current Secretariat & Assembly buildings from the existing place to Bison Polo grounds.
Newly formed State of Telangana has many problems which needs to be solved on a priority. With the cost of new buildings, there are many things you can accomplish which will benefit people of Telangana.
1. Currently, the roads in Hyderabad and other major cities are at their worst stage. These roads need to be fixed before constructing beautiful buildings for administration
2. Farmers are committing suicide, due to lack of fair MSP for their produce. Not just cotton, but also all other crops. With the amount you are planning to spend on these buildings, please establish a market stabilization fund which can help farmers with fair price compensation, wherever MSP is less than cost of cultivation
3. Government schools in Telangana are lacking basic facilities like, toilets to the girl students, drinking water facilities, and cooking shelter for the mid-day meal program
4. Many Government Hospitals don't have proper buildings and infrastructure. Patients are being treated on the floor
5. College students are not getting timely scholarships and fee-waiver dues. Hence, lot of students are not able to get their certificates.
6. Lastly, the current Secretariat and Assembly are in the middle of the city and accessible to people coming from all sides. If they are moved to Bison Polo grounds, it will be far away for those people coming to Hyderabad from other sides of the city. Bison Polo ground is at a corner and it is tough to reach there in already crowded traffic.
With all due respect sir, please concentrate on the issues which are causing pain to common people, rather than focusing on symbolic & iconic structures for prestige.
We request you to stop the thoughts of moving Assembly & Secretariat.
Today: Srinivas is counting on you
Srinivas Ranabothu needs your help with “Cheif Minister of Telangana Mr. K. Chandrashekhar Rao: Stop the New Buildings for Telangana secretariat and Assembly”. Join Srinivas and 71 supporters today.