Change Lexington School Calendar to Optimize Student Learning and Development
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
Initially we wanted longer December, shorter summer and merge February/April break into 1 week. After parent feedback, we decided to focus on
1. Add 2 days to December-January holidays for 2019-2020 to make it a 2-week streak (3 days for most other years).
2. Add 3 days to end of summer and start school year after Labor Day
Additional days can come from (depending on parent feedback)
1. Limiting number of days to 180: both 2017-18 and 2018-19 calendar has 184 School Days
2. End school year in June on Friday instead of Monday
3. Single-off days when parents’ offices are open (this is a big source of parent burnout and stress)
The current language of the letter only asks for expanding December break. Our focus will be on the above.
If you don’t agree with the language or don’t have the opportunity to sign you can express your own opinion clicking on school calendar at https://lps.lexingtonma.org/site/Default.aspx?PageID=10191
Today: Zak is counting on you
Zak Khondker needs your help with “Change Lexington School Calendar to Reduce Stress and Optimize Student Development”. Join Zak and 104 supporters today.